Dear Baby Bird,
Now that the holiday season is here, it is bringing back special
memories. On Christmas Eve last year, we
found out that you would be joining our family.
It was a long time waiting for you to arrive and now watching you grow
seems to be going so fast!
When we were home for Thanksgiving, we got to see how much
you have grown. You loved it when we
helped you sit and stand, and we even saw you roll over a few times.
We don’t get to see you as often as we would like to (our house is a 5 hour drive from yours), but we think of you often. Sometimes I see something cute and just have to buy it for you. Your Thanksgiving outfit is an example. The moment I saw it, I knew that your mom and Grandpa would love it. When your mom and I were kids, we would travel to visit family after Christmas. There were lots of long car rides and we liked to make up songs to pass the time, including one where Grandpa would call your mom a turkey. Grandpa still uses the phrase “turkey butt” as a term of endearment so it was perfect that your pants had a turkey on them.
Since our time together is limited, we try to make every
moment that we are together a special one.
Right now that means snuggling on the couch and loving each smile, but
before long you will be running around and we can’t wait to see what toys are
your favorite and what you are interested in.
We can’t wait to see you at Christmas. I like to make sure that you are well dressed
and am especially excited about your Christmas gifts this year. You are going to be a dapper dude! But don’t
worry, there are things for you to play with, too!
Love,
Aunt Karina and Uncle Jake


