Friday, March 1, 2013

New Things


Dear Baby Bird,
It's a new month! And lately there have been new things in your life.

Last weekend you got to sleep over at Grandma and Grandpa's house for the first time. Dad and I missed you and Brother, but we loved getting to sleep later than 6 am, which is when one of you usually wakes up.

We had to buy a new stroller because I broke your other one. In the end, I picked the same kind that we had for Brother. It's hard to believe you are completely done with all your "baby" stuff, but we've given away the infant carriers and bases and you are in the big carseat and big stroller and have a big boy coat.

I pulled out some Tupperware bowls and you love them as toys. Sometimes they end up as hats, but they also work to hold toys, or turned upside down as drums or stools to lean on.

You love to move around, from sitting to laying, to sitting again.... if I walk away, I never know where you'll be when I come back! This means we can't leave you on the bed or couch anymore, and I'm already panicked about the fireplace mantle. Good thing we kept most of the baby-proofing gear from Brother! We lowered your crib, because not only did we find you sitting up in there, but you even started to try to pull up.

 

You still love every food you've ever tried.  You are starting to use your fingers more, to eat puffs or yogurt melts, or even avocado and banana, which makes a big mess but sure makes you happy!



You really are a happy boy, and now you even show your babysitter that happy attitude. You had a great day there with her yesterday, and are really enjoying playing with the other kids. Today you started taking naps without a binkie, and so far so good.

New things each day, such joy to watch you experience them!
Love,
Mom