Dear Baby Bird,
Yesterday you figured out how to suck your thumb. You've been putting your hands/fingers/thumb near your mouth since you were born, but yesterday you got it in there.
I have mixed feelings about this, since I know we could take away a pacifier when you get older, but can't take away your thumb. But it also gives you a way to soothe yourself, and you seem to be exerting your personality by always managing to get the thumb up there, so I'm not sure we have an option anyway. :) I've always thought little kids are cute when they suck their thumb... just hope that when you get older it doesn't become too hard to stop.
Tomorrow starts our first week of just you and I home together, while Brother goes to school and Dad goes to work. I think we're going to have a great time! Plus the weather has been really nice for us to spend time outside on walks or just hanging out. I'm trying to enjoy every minute with you while I can.
Love,
Mom
